Saturday 2 June 2018

Fantasy - Stormcast Eternals


I make no secret of the fact that I like the Stormcast Eternals range, they are great models which have some good presence on the field, I picture them being more of an avenging army rather then the whole garrison forces which GW have been doing recently with the newer fiction and the Malign Portents fiction pieces.

Anyway, I have completed this Aetherwings unit, which I am very pleased with.
They are a very nice kit to build and paint, even if they come as part of the Vanguard Crossbow Stormcast (the unit name escapes me).
I have named this unit as "The Stormhawks" on my unit roster (every unit has to have a name otherwise it's just a group of plastic models imo).






Also there is a Knight Vexillor for my Stormcast Eternals.

I have never been a fan of the GOLD official colour scheme put out by GW, so went for a silver look, along with a knightly heraldry type scheme for the spot colours to draw the eye.
Colours were chosen to relate more towards the storm end of things rather then stars/comets as my SCE are the Storm God's army in our setting.

I have his backpack to paint up and then he'll be finished.







Again I am very happy with how he is turning out so far, one of my friends suggested that he might be too much of one shade of silver, so I may try to get hold of a much lighter shade of silver to paint his trim in, but we'll see how it looks when I get the Retributors completed in this scheme.

Until next time...

 - Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment