Sunday 31 December 2023

2023 End of Year Review.

 

Like last year, as it's the final day of 2023, i thought I'd do some number crunching from Google Analytics, and see how the blog is doing.

So I have added a grand total of 66 new posts to the blog this year, including this one. Which makes 2023 my most prolific posting year in the course of this blog.
There have been a total of 28,200* views on the blog, which again makes this a very successful year.
Of which, however 14,700 were from Singapore (hopefully for a benevolent reason and they like my hobby work, but more likely, I am forced to think it may have been part of a bot search, kind of like the one from Sweden a few years ago).
Genuine views however, the United States are still the leaders with 7950 views, followed by the United Kingdom with 2670 views.
By viewership, the most popular post this year was Monster March 7, part 2, which had 961 views, something which baffles me, as I would have thought that Part 5 would have been more popular, being the finished reveal.

Painting wise I have logged 158 miniatures as finished, compared with the 199 in 2022.
This is a definite drop in productivity, but having to learn two new yards, a new loading location, and take my rules exam (we have to every three years to keep ontop of the safety rules) kind of ate into my hobby time.
Hopefully 2024 can see me break the 200 figures finished mark again!

As said, this year has been a bit all over with work, but i am most proud of the projects i got finished, namely the Leviathan Tyranid army:

And the start of the World Eaters Legion:

Another high moment of the year was finishing off this unit of Shrine Maiden's:



Looking forward to 2024, and I've got a few things on the boil, so to speak.

Some reinforcements for the Tyranids, which I will be trying to get ready for February, as we've arranged another get together.

I bought a box of Hunters of Huanchi:
As one of my friends bought the main Warcry box last time we visited Element Games, I picked these guys up, so they'll be in the queue soon.

And even though I got a lot of Warmachine Khador gear for Christmas from the Mrs:

The Thornwood project will take a back burner as the BIG Feudal Japanese project is gathering pace, I was positioning miniatures on the bases I'm going to be using earlier today:

And working out the starting formations, as I am going to build two armies to face each other:

As you can see, there are a lot to come, I've already placed my order with a 3D Printing friend for the near 130 Ashigaru that I am going to need, just for this starter section...the project is going to look fucking awesome when it gets going!


So have a good new year and I'll see you in 2024.




Until next time, have nice day...





*These numbers are approximate as the Google analytics tools included with Blogger round the numbers to the nearest ten.

** I only compared posts from this past year, not posts from previous years which people may have been searching for or clicked on when they visited the blog 

No comments:

Post a Comment