Sunday 2 October 2022

Hobby Spending - September 2022.

 

The ninth month of 2022 has now passed us by, and I'm happy to report that it wasn't such an expensive month after all, in spite of it being my birthday at the end of September.
I managed to resist buying too much, and the previously mentioned Lizardmen army I bought from Mirfield Miniatures was actually paid for by the Mrs as a present, so as the funds didn't come from me, they don't count towards my yearly budget (or so I'm telling myself).

I did pick up a Skaven Warlord however:

He was £4, so a bargain really, and I think he is actually Spiteclaw, the leader of the first Skaven warband for Warhammer Underworlds... I'm not sure on this though so I may be mistaken.
If we'd have gotten to Mirfield maybe an hour earlier, I would have had some ratfolk to go with him and expand my burgeoning force, but someone walked in before us and cleared the shelf off. Kind of like I did with the Dinosaurs really.

As already mentioned I picked up a copy of the novel Purging of Kallidus:

It was 50 pence, but it's one of those novels which I haven't read, but also it would come in useful as background material.
See it's based off of the 2nd edition campaign pack "Storm of Vengeance", and I happened to find a PDF of the pack but updated to 4th edition a few days before we visited the shop.
Provenance? Coincidence? Dumb Luck?
It'll help to focus down my project for the Guard/Orks/Primaris, hopefully.

Lastly, as Fraser has asked for his Ad-Mech for 1st November, I figured I'd better finish off the last few parts for them, and so I bought a new pot of Agrax Earthshade.
After GW changed the formula for the shades recently, people have said that it doesn't behave the same as the old one, so I'm going to save the old Earthshade for my Orks and use the new one to finish off the Ad-Mech and on the next Guard army I have to finish.

As a reminder my monthly budget is normally £50:

August spend totals:
Skaven Warlord - £4.
Purging of Kallidus novel - £0.50.
Pot of Agrax Earthshade - £4.75

Total for September - £9.25.
Budget for August - £50.
Over/Under Budget - Under by £40.75.
Over/Under Yearly Budget - Under by 25.95.

So not a bad month overall, and I'm still within the budget. We'll see how that progresses over the last quart of the year, obviously with Christmas approaching, bills rising, and a mortgage to renegotiate in January, I think things might cool off buying stuff hobby wise.
Just picking up bits to flesh out and finish off forces I already have like.

Anyway...



Until next time, Have nice day...

No comments:

Post a Comment