Wednesday 8 January 2020

Workbench Wednesday, first completed mini's of 2020.


Hello,

Well, the first miniatures have been completed for 2020 and we're just over a week into the new year.

Maybe rejigging things worked for motivation?
(or it could be that I've picked generally small projects to start with to clear some of the backlog...who knows?)

Anyway..

First up, My Stormcast Eternal Dracoth Rider, not sure what to name him yet.




I just had his head and flag to finish last time, so it was into the bits box for another Space Wolf Terminator head to match the rest of my Stormcast so far.
Ironically, I have just finished him (the rim of his base could do with touching up) and I've rewritten my Dragon Rampant list for them which drops him in favour of a Giant Eagle...oh well.

Speaking of Terminators:






The first lot of Exoskeletons for Terminator Genysis are done, I'll try to get a less "flashy" photo of them later on, but being silver, that's going to be interesting.
Basic paint jobs, drybrush lots of different silvers, pick out the eyes and plasma injectors on the weapons with red, add base and done.

In accompaniment to the small Primaris Blood Angels force I put together for a friend last year, I have added some details to these 4 Primaris Intercessors and this Primaris Ancient:





Blue knee pads mark these out as the second line squad, the gold helmet of the Primaris Ancient denotes him as a veteran or honour guard member.





Yes, I could have added the company number, but my friend couldn't decide and has since decided to stop with the Primaris, so I'm hoping to get the other models back from him soon.

Finally, I decided to turn my attention to finishing off a couple of terrain pieces I have had lying around for Test of Honour:


A bamboo stand, a rice cart and a rice store hut made by Sarissa Precision.

The bamboo stand is made from some cheap plastic bamboo from china off eBay, and then glued into a suitable scatter base and worked up from there.





The leaf fall on the base is made out of mixed herbs and thyme from our local supermarket, after a youtube tutorial I found about making jungle bases for your models.

The rice store has actually been built and mostly finished for the past year, I went back to it with a drybrush for half hour last night and worked some greens over the piece, down the roof line and such to represent growth and rain deposits from the bamboo without going overboard and adding loads of detail which would ruin a gaming piece.







Finally, the rice cart, I have left loose and not added to a base so far in order to be used as general scatter.

 I'll have to add it to a base eventually, as it is quite fragile, but that's a future problem.
I am looking forwards to adding some more terrain and setting up a feudal japan game in the future.

Well, a rather prolific start to 2020, here's hoping that things keep progressing.

Until next time...


 - Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment