Wednesday 1 January 2020

Workbench Wednesday

Welcome to Workbench Wednesday.

Like I said previously about reworking how I post things in order to encourage motivation, this is the first Workbench Wednesday post of the year, and of the decade!

To reiterate the rules:

Three items on the workbench at once. That can be three characters, units, terrain pieces, etc

  • A weekly update post on a Wednesday about how things are getting on, but the finished items will be posted on their respective day.
  • An item can only be added to the workbench, when another item has left it completely.
  • Preparation work and Priming will still occur whenever I feel like it. This is for when I don't feel like painting per-se, but also so I'll have things ready to go onto the workbench as soon as something is finished.
So, whats on the workbench at the start of the new year?

Stormcast Eternal Lord Celestant on Dracoth.


This is the Vandus Hammerhand model, from the first Age of Sigmar starter set.
I'd already used his head and hammer elsewhere, so he is being converted with the spare banner from a Knight-Vexillor and I'll probably add a spare Space Wolf marine head as I've used those throughout my other Stormcast Eternals.
He's going to become a "Heavy Rider" unit for Dragon Rampant, more on that when he's finished.


Yari Ashigaru, unit of ten.


Whilst I only have an image of the three which I have started to paint, I am going to include the other seven models I want to include in this unit.
Usable for both Test of Honour in groups of three for one warband, the reason I am making them up to ten strong, is because I have been reading a rule set called Sengoku:


This I downloaded for free from WargamesVault, sister website of DriveThruRPG.
It's a slightly larger battle game then Test of Honour.
But we're talking fifty to sixty models per side, not the historical Kawanakjima or Sekigahara battles of a hundred thousand plus on each side...even in 6mm scale I think that would be impossible.


Finally, T-800 unit of three and two crawlers.


These models are part of the system I have had in the box for about eighteen months now after having painted a few models for.
The now defunct Terminator Genisys Wargame which was produced by River Horse Games and Warlord Games.
It's an actual future war setting, something the movies haven't given us.
I bought two starter boxes when they were reduced down to £10 each in a Warlord stock clearance sale.
The Terminator models are quite nice, if statically posed, the resistance need some work, but that's part of the hobby!


So that wraps up the opening hobby moves for 2020, remember I cannot start another painting project until at least one of these has been finished completely, so it'll encourage me to finish stuff.

Here's hoping anyway...


Until next time...


 - Lewis


No comments:

Post a Comment