Wednesday 1 January 2020

New Year, New Plans...

New Year, New Blog Format??

Hello, and welcome to a brand new year.

One thing I have been mulling over the past few days as 2019 wound to a close has been this blog and it's future.

I've neglected it and really wound down the hobby a lot recently as real life has been quite hectic.

Hospital trips, Job interviews, Consistent overtime in my current job because it's constantly short staffed, Christmas and New Year family gatherings (my sisters birthday is New Year's Eve).

So I've only managed to post a couple of things in the past few months, and finished very few models, not even had chance to think about playing any games.

I am aiming to turn that around this coming year.

In an effort to encourage motivation and work on the hobby, I am going to place some rules upon myself and split the blog up into certain posts per week.

Not just post randomly as I have done for the past two and a bit years...


So, and I stress that these aren't hard and fast every week postings, I do this for fun and am not wanting to turn it into a job.
I already have one of those and it takes up a lot of my time as it is, I don't want a second one...

So...

History Monday:
I have a great interest in history, and am aiming to sort some historical gaming out this year.
Whenever something to do with Historical is ready to go, I'll probably post it up on a Monday.

Workbench Wednesday
Most Wednesday's I will post what I am working on and progress reports on said miniatures or terrain.
One of the new rules I am going to implement is that there can only be three different things on the workbench at once, nothing new can be added to the paint station until something comes off of it.
Like many hobbyists I assume, I am sick of half painted miniatures staring at me accusingly.
Prep and Priming of miniatures will occur whenever I am not in a painting mood as such.

Fantasy Friday
AoS, Dragon Rampant, Hordes of the Things, Song of Swords and Heroes...
The number of fantasy games out there in the world is huge.
That being said, I am aiming not to try to play all of them, I have other interests and time commitments after all.
I'll focus down on Dragon Rampant for certain, perhaps something in the future if it catches my eye.
Any Fantasy postings, finished models, thoughts, world-building or battle reports will be posted on Fridays.

Sci-Fi Saturday
Science Fiction, like Fantasy is another genre which has numerous games present.
For myself, 40k and Apocalypse are a large influence, but One Page Grimdark is looking more like a great alternative to regular 40k.
Likewise, for some hard boiled Sci-Fi the old classic Stargrunt 2 is something I have had my eye on for a long time.
Cyberpunk is another interest which may crop up from time to time.
Any Science Fiction postings will go up on Saturdays.


Like I said earlier, these aren't hard and fast that something will be posted on that day each week. Just a rough guideline of when to post certain stuff to give the blog some sort of order, and hopefully encourage me to finish things quicker then I have been doing.

Enough rambling,

May you paint hand be steady and your dice always roll sixes...


Until next time...


 - Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment