Sunday 15 October 2017

40k - White Scars.


Ah, Space Marines, we all love them, at some point we will all have had an Astartes warrior pass over our painting table at some point or another.
Let's not forget that Games Workshop, love them or loathe them, will have been the gaeway for MANY people into this interesting hobby.

My current army which I am trying to get finished for 40k is a force of White Scars.

I have loved them ever since Paul Sawyer, venerable Fat Bloke himself, started to show his own army off in White Dwarf many may moons ago.

My own efforts started well enough towards the endof 7th edition, but then stalled due to how much I disliked that edition of the game and I switched to Age of Sigmar for a while (need to finish those projects as well).

With the arrival of 8th edition and it being enjoyable again (I have played more games of 8th edition 40k in two months then I did of 7th edition in two years!), I dragged the force out and took stock of where I had left the project.

This is a 60 Pwer Point army (scary how little you actually get):


There is:
A Librarian on Bike.
A 10 man Tacticla Squad ina  Rhino.
A 5 man Scout Sniper Squad.
Two 3 man Bike Squadrons with atached Attack Bikes.
A Land Speeder Tornado.
A Predator Destructor.

Not much, but it is a start.

I plan on bringing the army up to 100 Power Points, which will be slightly more difficult then I had imagined as GW have stopped producing the metal shoulder pads (THANKS GW!).





A couple of close ups shots of the painted and uncoated halves of the first Tactical Squad.
as Red and Black are the main spot colour's I am using those through the army on the weapons for details, the Yellow lightning flashes will be kept to a minimum for the chapter badges and some detailing on Sergeants and Officers to make it stand out more.

"FOR THE KHAN AND THE EMPEROR!"

 - Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment