Monday 1 January 2024

Prioritising Painting Projects - 2024.

 


After taking part in the Great Wargaming Survey 2023 I looked around on the Wargames, Soldiers and Strategy page and came across this 

It's an interesting premise and something which I liked the look of to organise projects going forward to keep on track for getting shit done.

Whilst the author of the article waxed on about Microsoft Excel, my own, rather low-tech* handwritten version is pictured below:

Instead of working on the original author's premise, I worked up my own.

Every project automatically starts with a "1" in each column as a control score.

Then for the Urgency column:
  • Add 1 if the project is a core unit type, integral to the army composition.
  • Add 1 if the project is needed for an upcoming event/game.
This gives a score of 1, 2 or 3.

For the Complexity column:
  • Add 1 if the paint scheme is complex or time consuming (camo/weathering/etc).
  • Add 1 if the basing scheme is awkward (urban ruins, jungle, etc).
  • Add 1 if I need to purchase AND/OR build the unit in question.
This gives a score range of 1, 2, 3 or 4.

Then I multiplied the values together, giving a range from 1 (the lowest) up to 12 (the highest), which gives the projects priority on the paint queue.

As you can see, this has led to a slew of Tyranids clogging up the highest priority section of the table...this may have something to do with the fact that we've arranged another gaming day at Element Games, Stockport soon.


So I've got an appointment with a lot of extragalactic bugs, so...

Until next time, have nice day...


*The Mrs says I have reached "Grumpy Old Man" stage with technology, as I was arguing with Microsoft Publisher because the menus change just by clicking a different area of the page and not on the menu buttons at the top.
I know we're in the 21st century, but having no need to use computers day to day, I guess I'm moving backwards in time back to the 20th century instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment