Wednesday 26 February 2020

Urban Terrain, Planning permission

Well planning is officially underway for the first building of the cityscape.
The idea is to make the pieces more of actual terrain buildings then the shells we often see on tables, hence the notes about rafters and rubble.
This attached photo is of the liberation of St. Lo during the Normandy campaign to give a sort of idea where this will be going.

Although the MDF ruin is pictured with 40k models, the main aim is to make things generic enough to be used in Bolt Action, WW3, near future sci-fi and 40k.

One thing I have discovered though, is that my guesstimate of a 12" width for this first piece's base was too narrow for me to get the piles of rubble alongside the walls...

Good job I haven't started cutting yet!

The second building has also been sketched.
Because every city needs a shady bar, just this one has been blown to bits!
Again I think my 10" base guesstimate will be a bit conservative.

Next time, building will commence!


 - Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment