Sunday 23 February 2020

Post-Holiday update


Well a busy few weeks after my last update with the Stormcast as we've been away on holiday for a few days to get away from everything.

I managed to pack a little wagaming kit to take with for when we were back at the cottage relaxing at night.
Just a cheap £4 make up/cosmetic travel bag which had movable sections inside and room for everything.
Paints, Brushes, Glue, Files, Clippers, Knife, Water Pot, some paper towel hidden in the zip pocket and most importantly some Miniatures wrapped in bubble wrap for the journey.

I took a couple of Stormcast Eternals, a Chaos Knight, a Primaris Marine and the Flamer Ecclisiarchy Woman from Blackstone Fortress (her name escpaes me).

Out of everything, I managed to get the flamer woman completed and a black basecoat and highlights down on the Primaris.

I tried to push some painting skills with this model, as I deliberately kept to a muted, monochrome colour scheme in order to make the gold and flames stand out.
The flames were painted following along with a Warhammer TV tutorial on Youtube, and i'm really pleased with how they turned out for a first attempt.
One of my friends said that I should have thinned the paints more to make a glaze like paint, so i'll try that next time.

Aside from the little painting done, I did pick up a trilogy of Sci-Fi novels and spent a bit of time starting to read the first one.
So far they've been enjoyable, good old fashioned Space Opera stuff.
Varying alien races which get along (to a degree), this is set after the war, so there are worries about Marines in peacetime, and diplomatic relations between the races which were allied and stuff.
Good inspiration for a sci-fi skirmish game if you ask me.

 Anyway, things will begin to return to normal soon, as I have a couple of large projects lined up.

 Until next time...


 - Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment