Thursday 29 February 2024

Hobby Spending - February 2024.

 


A quiet month for February, with only two purchases this month for the hobby.

First up is the bargain of the year!

This is the first edition Clan War Rulebook, army book and all the cards needed to play the Legend of the Five Rings miniatures game.
This was released in 1998 and flowed on from the popularity of the CCG which the game started with and was at it's apex of popularity at that time.
Normally you can find either the rulebook OR the army book, but never the cards, so when this popped up in my eBay search for a fiver, I pounced on it and stuck an offer in for twice the asking price.

Next up, Rattlecans:
So, I painted up all those Tyranid reinforcements for a gaming day which was cancelled because my son brought a viral chest infection into the house which floored all three of us, fantastic timing during the half-term week off from school so we couldn't do anything...I digress.
This meant that I wasn't able to restock on badly needed supplies from Element Games and had to go on the search for rattlecans whilst waiting for a train to be unloaded at work.
I found the above, in a Matt White finish, from The Range for just shy of £7 each, and picked up two cans. I've never used the range of paint before, but it turned out great, so that's a local(ish) supplier of primer, after my LGS shut down last year.
I am in desperate need of super glue now however...


Number crunching time:

Clan War Rulebook and Cards - £10.
Two cans of White Primer - £14.

Total for January: £24.
Budget for January: £50.
Over/Under Yearly Budget: under budget by £61.


Two months into the year and well under budget, I may treat myself and order some terrain for the Feudal Japanese Project, depending on how the car fares with it's M.O.T. next month.


Until next time, have nice day...



No comments:

Post a Comment