Saturday 30 September 2023

Hobby Spending - September 2023.



It's SEPTEMBER, another month has passed through the year, but this one if different.

How? I hear you ask.

Well, because it contains my birthday, so I get extra hobby stuff which I don't pay for* which is always a bonus.

As is the point of this monthly post however, what did I end up purchasing over the month?

We'll start with the latest Warmahordes purchases, again from Privateer committing comercial suicide, I am reaping the benefits.

Epic General-Adept Victoria Hayley. This is the version where she can travel through time and pull her past and future selves into the present to fight alongside her. 
A great set of three mini's, which were normally really hard to get ahold of.

A second unit of Gun-Mage Tempest Chargers, for the cheap asking price I had to snap these up, Warmachine cavalry units start at £60 for 5 models if bought retail.
The broken horse won't be a problem as it's a very clean break in the plastic and the other legs also attach to the base for support:

Captain Maxwell Finn and a Trencher Chaingun Crew are a commando leader and a support weapon for the Trencher company I bought a while back.
These will be added to that force when I get chance to have a look at starting to paint this stuff**:

Moving onto 40k and we start with a unit of second hand Termagants***. A low starting price and no bidders drew me to them, and even though I've just painted 40 of them for the army, you can always use more, so I'm told:

Lastly, the Winged Hive Tyrant was a must buy as the Tyranid didn't have a HQ choice to begin with. I only have a painted photo, but here we go:

And onto the totals for September:
Epic General-Adept Victoria Hayley - £5.
Gun Mage Tempest Chargers - £10.
Captain Maxwell Finn - £1.
Trencher Chaingun Crew - £1.
Tyranid Termagants - £4
Tyranid Winged Hive Tyrant - £16.

Total for September: £37.
Budget for September: £50.
Over/Under Yearly Budget: under budget by £57.44.

Another month under budget, and that is great overall.
I'm hoping to at least keep it underneath the budget target for the rest of the year, as there is nothing big I need to buy, just a few blister packs from West Wind Productions to finish off my Weird World War 2 project, maybe the odd Tyranid purchase here and there.
I did try to be sensible during my convalescence from work and not spend all day on eBay trawling for stuff, so that's a positive outcome at least.

That about wraps up September so,

Until next time, have nice day...



*I would like to clarify that the people who go e me the presents actually paid for the stuff, just making sure that everyone knows.

**I have a couple of other things I want to get done before I look at the Warmachine setting.

***I will never understand why people have to sell off their old mini's as soon as possible, just because a new/updated model is released.
You don't HAVE to get the new one straight away, there is still life in the old mini's.

No comments:

Post a Comment