Saturday 31 December 2022

2022 end of year review.

 

With 2022 ending I thought I'd do a rundown of the blog for the year.

Some number crunching to start with:

I have added 57 posts to the blog this year, including this one.
There have been a total of 6,950* views of the blog content over the year.
Of which 3,100* were from the United States of America and a further 1.970* were from my home in the United Kingdom. The rest are from around the world.
My most popular post of this year by viewership has been the Dragon Rampant battle report: Bloodbath on the Plains of Doom, which has a total of 286 views**.

Painting wise I have managed to fully finish 199 miniatures this year, compared to 217 in 2021.
Still a reasonable total overall I feel, I'll keep track of how many miniatures I paint in 2023, but I think the focus will be on completing projects rather than total number of mini's finished.

Highlights of the year definitely include:.
Dreadtober 2022 and getting my Dreadmob mostly complete, still need to finish that last Killa Kan.
The Loremaster series I started (need to pick this up again), in which I revisited old Black Library novels and discussed my favourite parts of the stories.
Part 8 of the Road to the Apocalypse series, in which I played a big game against Cardboard Fortress and his beautiful Imperial Guard army which he dusted off specially for the day.

Looking forwards I've already decided what my ongoing projects are going to be having out the list down in my Hobby Season post from August.
Having already completed a couple of them on there, I'll focus down on the ones I have stuff for and can reasonably get done in my free time.
The first few of which will probably be finishing the Stormcast and Black Legion forces, the Catachans are in the air as I decide what to do with them and finalise the army list.

One project which I have already arranged, but isn't listed on the above post is a 3D printed mini challenge.
I have bought from a seller on eBay called Print Little Things and they do a "Blind Box" for £10.
One of the boxes comes with a swordswoman and two other random Miniatures.
So I bought three boxes, kept one for myself, and whisked one away southwards to Cardboard Fortress, and the other up north to Chris.

The challenge runs from the 1st to the 31st of January 2023, and each participant must get at least the swordswoman painted, based, finished and post a blogpost about her at least when she's finished. If they post multiple in progress posts and/or finish the other two Miniatures from the box that's a bonus.

My own miniatures are assembled, based and primed in readiness:

I haven't decided on a colour scheme for the swordswoman yet, but obviously Vivi will be painted in his Final Fantasy colours:


Other then that, I don't think there is much more to say for 2022.

Have a good, safe New Year and see you all in 2023:


Until next time, have nice day...



*These numbers are approximate as the Google analytics tools included with Blogger round the numbers to the nearest ten.

** I only compared posts from this past year, not posts from previous years which people may have been searching for or clicked on when they visited the blog 

No comments:

Post a Comment