Wednesday 30 November 2022

Hobby Spending - November 2022.

 

With the dark nights of November drawing the year almost to a close, it is time to look at the financial situation of the hobby for the month again.

Managing to visit Element Games, maybe for the last time this year, but I may squeak in another visit to Stockport before Christmas, I picked up a few things which I had been needing...and FORGOT a few things I needed...

With a growing collection of Warhammer Underworlds warbands, I figured I'd need someway to protect and organise the myriad cards which come with the game.
First up was a box of card protectors:, classic black because why not?


I have been playing around writing a reskinned version of the Age of the Wolf campaign which Studio Tomahawk released for the first edition of Saga.
My version will not be Dark Age Britain, but Sengoku era Japan, and upon discovering that Element sold a selection of the Bushido miniatures, I picked up a Samurai to test the scale against my Warlord Games/Test of Honour collection, as I intend to use these as the character models to lead the armies, and then make two generic forces of Ashigaru and Samurai/Sohei/On a Bugeisha, etc.


The last box of Daemonettes which Element had in. I needed these to finish off a Black Legion army which my son's picked for One Page Rules.


Lastly I tripped over a box of MDF terrain on my way to the till to pay for stuff and ended up picking up a TTCombat Small Minka from their Eastern Empires range. Obviously this is to go with the Samurai and I have another house and rice store, so maybe one of two more buildings and then some generic trees/hills/etc 


So everything above was from Element Games, these next two items were picked up from Poundland and are listed in the shop as "Spice Racks". I'm going to stick them into the display cabinets in order to lift models at the rear so they're actually on display.


With that said, let's get onto the numbers for the month:

November spend totals:
Dragon Shield Card Protectors - £8.
Bushido Akio Takashi - £4.
Box of Daemonettes - £21.
TT Combat Small Minka - £10.
2x Organiser shelves - £8.

Total for November - £51
Budget for November - £50.
Over/Under Budget - Over by £1
Over/Under Yearly Budget - Under by 59.95.

So I've gone over budget by £1 this month, but I'm still nearly £60 under budget for the year, so well ahead of my total.

With December and Christmas looming, and it being the last month of the year, I think we'll be fine to come in under budget then.

Apart from GW releasing those Escher Jetbikes and the Ash Wastes Crawler thing...those are calling to the inner Mekboy to be kit bashed into something Orky, and I still want a close combat Leviathan Dreadnought, or two...dammit...


Until next time, have nice day...

No comments:

Post a Comment