Wednesday 1 June 2022

Hobby Spending - May 2022.

 


So another month has passed, and I actually managed to get a game in *shock/horror*.

Travelling to Warhammer World for the apocalypse game with Dave was great fun, good times to catch up.

Whilst there, I took advantage and picked up the Ork Nob with Waaagh! Banner model which is direct order only:


I also grabbed "Catachan Devil" from the black library section on a whim. 


I'm usually dubious about Black Library authors who aren't well established as they either don't get the universe, or touch upon small parts of the lore.and make their own characters into Mary Sue's*.
Loving the Catachans as I do (Chris you still need to send me those miniatures) I decided to risk it and grabbed the book.
As a bonus it switches perspectives between said Catachans AND Orks!!!!!
I'll do a book review once I've finished it, but that might be a while as we're are critically short of staff at work at the moment, so I'm pulling 60+ hours a week dispatching trains from our yard...money money money!

As a reminder my budget is nominally £50.
Last month I was £71.55 over budget.

May spend totals:
Ork Nob with Waaagh! Banner - £17.50
Catachan Devil novel - £8.50

Total for May - £26
Budget for May - £50.
Over/Under Budget - Under by £24.
Over/UnderYearly Budget - Over by £47.55.

That total is dwindling slowly, but with the Horus Heresy 2.0 release on the cards, I've been drawn back to my old White Scars army and have been converting them to be heresy-era-ish.


Until next time, have nice day.

* Mary Sue: (originally in fan fiction) a type of character who is depicted as unrealistically lacking in flaws or weaknesses. 
(Or any of Matt Ward's space marine characters from 5th edition...).

No comments:

Post a Comment