Saturday 29 May 2021

An Upgraded Display - Part 2.

 

Last year, I acquired a second IKEA Detlof cabinet for free, as seen in this post.

These cabinets are great for showcasing completed miniatures, rather then have them shuttered away from the world in boxes under the bed.

However, due to a slew of finished models recently I was running out of room. Something needed to be done...

A quick search on eBay found this company and their Product:


They are 3D printed brackets which attach to the upright supports included with the Detlof.
The advantage of this company over a lot of others is that they include the perspex shelves with the brackets, where a lot of the others I looked at just supply the brackets forcing you to source the shelves for yourself.

I paid £10.53 each for four complete sets, two for each cabinet) which includes the discount for ordering multiple units.

Well packaged, I took stock of the items included:


That blue tinge is the protective adhesive layer on the perspex, which peels off.

After reading the instructions and having a dryfit, it took me less then five minutes to properly measure and level off the first shelf:


Half hour later I had the cabinet's back to display everything with all four extra shelves installed:


I have an entire empty shelf to fill, the Stormcast, Guard and Space Marine (for now) shelves all have expansion space to fill.

According to the company you can add another two shelves in each cabinet, but I think I'm going to leave them as that and buy a third cabinet in the future when I need to rather then cram another set of shelves in there.
As you can see it does leave room for some of the larger models so that's a bonus.

Until next time...


 - Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment