Thursday 30 November 2023

Hobby Spending - November 2023.

 

Well, it's the final day of November, and with one more month to go 2023 will draw to a close.

This month has been a bit of a less mixed bag and definitely less spent then I thought on the hobby, maybe with the looking threat of Christmas I figured I'd better spend my money elsewhere...

I did pick up a few bargains, mainly in the Warmachine theme as these were as usual "too good to pass up"!

First up is this five model unit of Cryxian Bane Knights.
I'd seen the various 'Bane' miniatures before, but never the knights offered up for sale, maybe being a powerful (and eye watering £85+ unit) made people want to hold onto them.
But for the princely sum of just £9 I grabbed these when I saw them.
A dip in some stripper soon and I'll be ready to repaint:

From the same seller came the Epic Warcaster, Asphixious the Hellbringer and his upgraded Skarlock Thrall, Voiciferon.
This is the third incarnation of 'Gaspy' and I've never seen this pair of models up for grabs,.for.£5 I added them to the above order:

One of the biggest bargains of the month is this unit of the Mercenaries of Croe's Cutthroat's.
This is a unit which has been available since the rulebook Escalation, which was the first expansion book after Warmachine Prime (the first edition).
They've been a mainstay of the setting since, murdering their way from one end of the Iron Kingdoms to the other all for the promise of coin.
With no-one else showing any interest I low-balled the bid, and won them for £1:

With the above Croe's Cutthroat's, I also received this metal Cygnar Ironclad in the box which I later found out that the seller had thrown in the box because no-one was interested.
I plan of converting the hammer to one of the big swords which the Mercenary Warjacks wield and attaching it to their company as an older model which they've kept going:

A newer model Warjack is definitely this 'Character Warjack' model of Ol' Rowdy.
This is a newer model Ironclad which has developed something of a slight personality and is very aggressive for a Cygnaran Warjack.
Again this model will be stripped and repainted:

The last purchase this month was this rulebook which I punted on for £1.
I've always loved Greek Mythology so this was of interest straight away.
Added to the fact that it includes a full skirmish system and campaign system from the get go, I figured I'd take a look.
I am considering finding some STLs to 3D print some suitable models for this in the new year:

So the totals are as follows:

Cryx Bane Riders - £9.
Cryx Asphixious - £5.
Croe's Cutthroat's - £1.
Cygnar Ironclad - £0.
Cygnar Ol' Rowdy - £4.
Typhon Rulebook - £1.

Total for November: £.20
Budget for November: £50.
Over/Under Yearly Budget: under budget by £110.19


Well under budget for the year, I am thinking of investing in some MDF terrain, just a pain figuring out which ones I want to purchase as there is so much good stuff out there.

I am planning on looking at the Warmachine project next year, getting things paint stripped and starting to think about colour schemes which aren't the usual primary colours which Privateer Press started with.




Until next time, have nice day...

No comments:

Post a Comment