Thursday 2 March 2023

Old Stuff Day 2023.

 

Another "Old Stuff Day", and I've had a flick through the archives of some blogs I follow to shed some light on some interesting posts, lost to the mists of time and buried under newer, active posts.

Firstly:
Who doesn't love a funny looking fat goblin warlord, who had an awesome storyline to boot (seriously look him up).
I do like the alternative 'Avatars of War' mini here, as he looks badass.

Secondly:
Not one post per se, but the entire Warmachine section of the Weemen Blog.
Warmachine is one of those games which was huge and then the company made some questionable decisions and killed it off entirely in some areas.
I still love the steampunk asthetic of the game and pick gear up on the cheap as people still sell off their collections.

Thirdly:
XarfaiEngle who runs A Butterfly's Hobby Tally blog has been a regular commenter on my blog since Dreadtober last year, when we began commenting a bit back and forth.
His Chaplain Dreadnaught is a brilliantly painted mini, and one which I do wish I could get hold of my own, but it will probably never happen.
His Luna Wolf, also featured, is a nice clean paintjob, just a little too early in the crusade for me as I prefer Sons of Horus green.

Fourthly:
The Tabletop Apocalypse blog has been a great inspiration for conversion material, I've got a 1:48 scale Hind D kit in my wishlist on Amazon because of this blog.
But the Space Skaven, based off of Ad-Mech are one of the most original ideas I had seen, this is the showcase post at the end of the project.

Fifthly:
Getting to my actual friends blogs now, not just internet acquaintances.
A Cardboard Fortress may have dropped off the grid for a little while because of his work and family life, but we stay in touch and need to arrange another game with my Orks Vs his Imperial Guard.
This post is a very old Hail Caesar battle, which if he still has a couple of armies I would be willing to play the system with him at some point.

Sixthly:
Chris is slowly getting back into blogging his hobby, but this little throwback is a toy van which he made up into terrain for a post apocalypse/Fallout game he was playing at the time.
I have a dim memory of him making a children's playground piece of terrain and filling it with landmines as well...sick puppy.

Seventhly:
My own offering into this trip to the past, is this Apocalypse battle from just before the pandemic hit.
I traveled over to my friend in Stockport and we commandeered a couple of tables at Element Games for the evening.
I still love the 2019 Apocalypse rules and would happily play them over 9th or even 8th edition 40k at the moment, alas no-one else thinks that way sadly.

I hope you've enjoyed this post for 'Old Stuff Day 2023'. If you have any other old posts on blog I don't follow but you do and think I may enjoy, leave a link in the comments.

Until next time, have nice day...

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for featuring my Chaplain Dreadnought! Really a walk down memory lane for me as well. He was one of the last few miniatures I painted for my Flesh Tearers before I sold them not that long after. Now, I would surely be glad to still have the miniature... Oh well! Still quite fun remembering the miniature! I might have to get my hand on one of those boxy dreadnoughts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure.
      It's a fantastic model in its own right, but your paintwork on it made it even better.
      A shame that you sold it, but such is life. Do FW still make the dreadnought or would you have to look at a recaster or 3D printed version?

      Delete
    2. Sadly the Dreadnoughts are no longer available from FW. I'll keep on trawling eBay for now...

      Delete