Monday 11 April 2022

Hobby Spending - April 2022.

 

Continuing on with keeping track of hobby spending for the fourth month of the year, things have taken a drastic swerve.

Early in April, having a few days off from work which lined up, we went and visited Duncan for some friendly days out and hobby time.
Ghazhkull was built during this visit and talk was mentioned about the little fancy dress store around the corner from my house which sells Warhammer.

Casually mentioning that they had a Killdakka Warband box in stock on the website, when I returned home I walked round to have a look, with the honest intention of just picking up a Deffkilla Wartrike to use as a Warboss on Bike (which GW never made a kit for).
Having a look at the Warband box though, I swiftly picked that up as it works out at something like £50+ of savings compared to buying the stuff all separate.
"Oh I need a dok as well" I said to myself and also a box of Meganobz happened to fall into the bag. I justified this to myself saying that I'd just worked six days of overtime so deserved something fun!


More reinforcements for the WAAAGH!

As a reminder my budget is nominally £50.
Last month I was £7.50 under budget.

April spend totals:
Killdakka Warband - £125.
Meganobz - £37.50.
Painboss - £27.

Total for April - £189.50
Budget for April - £50.
Over/Under Budget - Over by 139.50
Over/UnderYearly Budget - Over by £71.55.

This is the first time I've gone over budget all year, but I did say at the beginning of the year that if I found something which was definitely worth it that I wouldn't hesitate to go over. 
The savings that the Killdakka Warband box give you definitely fall into this category. Things will settle back down after the battle in May as I have nearly everything I need for the next few projects, so it may be the odd pot of paint and paint brushes here and there for a while.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment