Saturday 19 December 2020

Hobby Bingo 2021.

Recently the Mrs looked at me rather strangely when I mentioned that myself and Chris we're going to start playing bingo together.

No I don't mean at a bingo hall with someone calling out numbers, I mean hobby bingo again. As the January issue of White Dwarf includes a new grid to play on.


Snuck into the back page in the "Bunker" section of the magazine.

We've decided to go for it and see who can complete the most grids over the course of the year, something to do to make 2021 less like 2020 and keep us motivated to paint.
(I know I've neglected this blog for a month and a half, work is always hectic coming closer to Christmas, especially as we are having a fleet change at the depot I work at).

Anyway, we've set a few rules upon ourselves:

  • Duplicate units are limited to one per month to count for January, (so if you paint three tactical squads, they only count as one 10+ box).
  • Afterwards, duplicate units are limited to one per week (not that I'm think we can actually paint a unit in under as week, but it's a nice goal to aim for).
  • Already started models are fine to count for your first grid.
  • You must complete a full grid, then start on a second grid, keeping a tally of the points earned month to month.
  • You are NOT limited to just GW models. Any miniatures regardless of manufacturer can be used. (We'll discuss different scales other then 28/32mm if/when they come up).
At the end of 2021, we'll tally up the totals and determine who the winner for the year is.

Hopefully this will put a dent in the "Pile of Potential" and allow me to actually get round to some projects I've been mulling over but stalled on because of the backlog of GW in my hobby space.

Until next time...


 - Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment