Tuesday 15 September 2020

An Upgraded Display

 The other day I finished my shift at work, looked at my phone and blinking at me was a message from the Mrs. (I can't look at my phone whilst driving obviously).

"Do you want this cabinet, for free? Need an answer urgently!"

I'd been looking for another Ikea Detlof cabinet for a while, but they always seem to be silly money and I was starting to resign myself to a trip to the dreaded Swedish furniture shop down the road in Sheffield (a nightmare to drive to and from).

Fortunately I hadn't left it too late to reply and she organised a trip to Fishlake when I got home to go pick it up, something I was thrilled about having finished a nine hour shift at work and having been up since 03.00 that morning.

But free stuff is free stuff, and it was in good nick, so off we went, a couple of hours later and...

Kaboom!

Double the storage and display space.

I even managed to get the boxes of part built projects from the bottom shelf of the old one (left cabinet) and secret them away under the bed with the rest of the plastic waiting it's time.

So, in the left hand cabinet I've got:

Test of Honour (need to finish those Bamboo pieces).

Imperials, including some newly finished Imperial Fists (more on those in another post).

My Orks, whom are slowly loosing their blueness over time. I really want to find the time to devote to them again as they are and always will be my first love in 40k. They've just fallen by the wayside at the moment.

Now, the other cabinet:

My Nighthaunt army, who may be getting reinforcements soon (Halloween is approaching!).

My Stormcast Eternals, well everything finished for them so far...again I have a ton of stuff to do for these guys.
Ignore the dragon as that's going to be it's own project.

Finally the newly finished stuff for my Blades of KHORNE force and my unit of Chaos Dwarves.

Well, a couple of things that this has taught me is that fully painted forces look awesome and we should all strive for that particular end goal, and that I really need to focus down on projects to actually get stuff finished! I know I wouldn't be a Wargamer if I didn't have the plastic pile of shame somewhere, but I need to actually finish a project to a game worthy level before moving on.

Until next time...

 - Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment