Wednesday 9 October 2019

Armies on Parade 2019, part 4... DISASTER...


Well...things could certainly have gone better recently.

Here in the UK, we have been experiencing the tail end of 'Hurricane Lorenzo' as it blew itself out in the northern Atlantic and headed westwards over our green islands here.

Lots of rain and rain and more rain, along with some wind, but mainly rain for the past week or so.

What does this have to do with Armies on Parade?

Well, I was storing my board in my utility extension when I wasn't working on it. Apparently there has been a lot of moisture around (unsurprisingly with all the rain), and it has affected the board.

I just picked it up to move it the other day and the corner where i was going to mount the corn field felt a little strange, but i went for it anyway and the MDF broke on me...

Upon closer inspection, the board itself had collected enough moisture to make the MDF turn spongy, even though I thought I had sealed it all.

The polystyrene hills also suffered from the same, not where the sand was, but around the back mainly.

This is after i had left it in the sunlight for a little:
The broken corner...

 Another view, there is also a definite warping of the board happening as well.
The ground cover has also started to peel away on the edges.

So, with Parade Day on the 19th of this month, I think I'm going to have to give it a miss this year...

Until next time...


 - Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment