Monday 6 November 2017

40k - Commander Dante of the Blood Angels


Continuing my recently finished character models spree, we have Command Dante of the Blood Angels:


"For eleven hundred years, I have fought and I have seen the darkness in our galaxy. I have seen the vileness of the alien and the heresy of the mutant. I have witnessed the sin of possession. I have seen all the evil that the galaxy harbours, and I have slain all whose presence defiles the Emperor. I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay... so fear not and be proud, for we are the sons of Sanguinius, the protectors of Mankind. Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death."



Dante has been one ofmy favourite characters from 40k since I started the game waaaaay back in 2nd edition.

Him along with Asodai of the Dark Angels were two of my all time favourite models.

This model was the first one my girlfriend ever bought me, and I am sorry that it has taken me nearly six years to get him finished for the cabinet, but he is done now, that is all that matters.

He is a Finecast model and was a good cast overall, apart from the haft of the Axe Mortallis was more bent then a ten bob note. With the axe and jump pack replaced by Sanguinary Guard versions he was ready to go.

His standard Gold colour scheme was easy to pull off, more difficult was the fact that I made the decision to attempt the glowing effect you can make out in the vents of his jump pack, some drybrushing of soot around it and some dust for his feet and he was ready.


Until next time.


 - Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment