Sunday 31 March 2024

The Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge - The Aftermath.

 

At the start of the year I said that I was unofficially taking part in the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge, which runs from January to March each year (technically the 19th, but I'm only just able to post this).
There are only limited places and I just missed out on signing up to the group, so I decided to keep a track of my score and see how I could do.

I set a target of 300 points, as that was recommended for a first time participant, and I am very pleased to report that I flew past that mark and finished with a total score of 475 and having finished 71 miniatures in total!

Here is everything which I got painted during the first three months of the year and during the period of the AHPC.

The Tyranids got a big chunk of mainly 3D printed reinforcements, with some eBay rescue Termagants and Warriors to bulk out the numbers.
Remember, these were pushed through for a game at Element Games which never materialised due to illness and life getting in the way... we're still trying to match our schedules up, the curse of being adults (debatable).

The Feudal Japanese Project got kicked off in grand style with 21 Sohei and 11 Cavalry already finished.
I've got a fair few other units on the go already for the project, so this will be expanded upon very soon as I finish stuff off.

I enjoyed the challenge and it has definitely helped keep motivation high, as well as projects which I am really keen to work on at the moment.

I'm happy with the total amount of miniatures finished, as I'm almost halfway towards my total finished the the ENTIRE year for last year, 158 in total for 2023.

So far 2024 is looking set to be a great year for hobby output from myself, so I'll try to keep enthusiasm and momentum up throughout the rest of the year to come.

Projects in waiting include:
  • More Feudal Japanese Miniatures.
  • More Tyranids.
  • Restart my Catachan and Imperial Guard force.
  • Weird World War 2 Allied and Axis platoons.
  • A Lizardmen army for The Old World and Age of Sigmar.
So plenty to look forward to as the year rolls on, and i am hoping you'll stick around and keep reading as projects get finished.


Until next time, have nice day...


No comments:

Post a Comment