Sunday, 4 October 2026

Useful tool time.

Useful Tools

I recently turned 42.

My birthday, thank you.

Anyway, I was talking with Dave recently, and he mentioned that he'd bought himself a set of magnifier glasses. Apparently, he needed them for painting commissions.

"Had to borrow the wife's glasses for details "

"Getting old buddy, you'll loose your gingerness soon and be grey"

Although, clearly, we're now at the age where discussions about painting equipment have started to include optical aids.

He'd been struggling with some of the finer details on Richard Sharpe and the 95th Rifles, produced by Wargames Atlantic and painted as a commission.

The magnifier glasses reminded me that I'd bought a pair myself a little while ago.

Although, in my case, I wasn't particularly interested in the magnification.

The ones I bought have a bright white LED light mounted centrally.

Which means that wherever I look while wearing them, the light is pointing exactly where I'm looking.

This is actually incredibly useful.

My workspace has always suffered from lighting problems. Even now, with three separate lights attached to my desk, there are still occasions when I'm trying to paint something and discover that my own head has managed to cast a perfectly positioned shadow over the model.

The magnifier glasses solve that problem rather nicely.

They have several levels of magnification, ranging from 0.75× all the way up to 4×.

I've not really used the magnification yet.

I've not needed to.

But it's there.

If I ever do need it.

Like Dave.

Useful tools are always good.

You never know when you'll need them.


Until next time, have a nice day...


No comments:

Post a Comment