Saturday 29 April 2023

Hobby Spending - April 2022.

 

During the Easter school break, both me and the Mrs had booked time off work and we went away for a few days with our son for a family getaway.

During this, whilst visiting my mother, we went to a local carboot sale (yard sale for any yanks reading) in Bridlington and I was rewarded with sighting a battered looking box with some distinctive Warlord Games branding.

I'd binned the box when I took this photo, as it was falling to pieces:

A bit of a peruse through and it turned out to be the German half of the Band of Brothers starter set, a full box of Waffen-SS infantry AND a King Tiger, built but unprimed.
Even better, all the extra details and the heads/arms and accessories for the infantry were still on the sprues.
The guy was asking for £20 for the entire box, so I snapped his hand off and parted with a crisp twenty-note and walked away with the most of a German platoon, not bad.

Once home I realised I had run out of a couple of paints, so off to We're Partying Now which is up the road from me, and I picked up a pot of Mephiston Red and Aggoros Dunes, whilst there, Impulse kicked in and I purchased a novel:


'Da Gobbo's Demise' by Denny Flowers.
I love greenskins, especially in 40k, so when I spotted this on the shelf, I knew it belonged on my bookshelf!

Onto the numbers:

The monthly rundown:
Bolt Action Germans: £20.
Pot of Mephiston Red: 2.75.
Pot of Aggoros Dunes: £4.75.
Da Gobbo's Demise: £7.99:

Total for April: £35.49.
Budget for April: £50.
Over/Under Yearly Budget: under budget by £48.22.



Until next time, have nice day...

No comments:

Post a Comment