Tuesday 30 April 2024

Hobby Spending - April 2024.

 

At the beginning of the month, maybe the 4th or 5th I can't remember which, I headed over to the wrong side of the Pennines to visit Stockport and Element Games.
I promised myself I was going to be good and only buy supplies or a model which I "really" needed*.

To start with I picked up some paints;
Waaagh! Flesh, because I want to try a different stippling technique following a tutorial from YouTube on a Catachan Sentinel.
A pot of Khorne Red, because mine had dried up and was unsalvageable.
A pot of Dorn Yellow, because it's the best highlight colour for an Imperial Fist Space Marine**.
Finally a pot of Speedpaint Ghillie Dew, which I want to use for Ork skin again following a tutorial from YouTube.

Next I decided on some Greenstuff, normally I don't sculpt and haven't tried gap filling with it, but I have a few big 3D printed models which would benefit from this, so thought I'd give it a go and expand my skillset as well.

Because I always need them, I picked up my favourite brush selection blister from The Army Painter.

One of the main items I went looking for with a definite "I must purchase this" attitude was some ground cover, be it static grass, flock, grass tufts, or in this case the best I think, Woodlands Scenics Ground foam.
This is to finish off the rather plain bases of the Feudal Japanese Project units which I have finished so far, just need a solid couple of days to sit down and work on them.

Finally, because I couldn't go to Element Games and not come away without a miniature, I decided to pick up Tor Garradon.
The Primaris Imperial Fist character which is a wonderful conversion base. I figure I'll use him as a generic Captain for my part built Space Marine army which I began painting yellow and then stopped (I forget why).

The guy at Ruins of Ashelnia 3D printing service, whin I bought the half track off of last month, sent me through a special offer on a bunch of Chaos Terminator's so I decided to have a punt and see what his infantry prints are like, you can find the review soon.

And finally, I was getting ready for work a few days ago and get a message out of nowhere from Duncan which "needs a quick reply".
A copy of the main rulebook for 'The Old World's is going at our local GW, one of the other regulars has a spare and wants to trade/sell it.
With a mind to trying the game, and having several fantasy armies which I can drop onto movement trays to play** the game with, I decided to go for it, the fact that Cardboard Fortress has gotten into the game gives us another ruleset to enjoy.



Onto the numbers:

Waaagh! Flesh - £2.34.
Khorne Red - £2.34.
Dorn Yellow - £2.34.
Speedpaint Ghillie Dew - £3.15.
Greenstuff - £7.50.
Army Painter Brush Set - £13.05.
Woodland Scenics Medium Green Foam - £11.
Woodland Scenics Light Green Foam - £11.
Tor Garradon - £23.38.
3D Printed Chaos Terminators - £15.
The Old World Rulebook - £17.


Total for April: £107.40.
Budget for April: £50.
Over/Under Yearly Budget: under budget by £2.20.

I think this is one of the few months where I have spent over the budget and used the reserve I had built up for a couple of months, as offers just kept falling in place for me to take advantage of.

Not every month that happens, I'm heading through to Element Games in May to meet up with Cardboard Fortress, so I may spend a little to bring a force a little higher in points value, but we'll see yet.



Until next time, have nice day....


*As a Wargamer, doesn't every model we purchase fall into this category??

**They may not be painted, but all in due course.

No comments:

Post a Comment